Description: St. Luke's Hospital was founded in 1846 and started admitting patients in 1858. Since then, St. Luke’s has been bringing world-class clinical care to our local community. St. Luke's is an affiliate of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. In 1979, a merger brought together St. Luke’s and Roosevelt Hospitals, and with it an extraordinary record of medical achievements. In 1997, St. Luke’s and Roosevelt joined with Beth Israel Medical Center to form Continuum Health Partners. Today, the legacy continues as St. Luke’s continues to dedicate itself to the high-quality care of its patients.